Give your organization the data protection it deserves without the uncertainty and cost overruns experienced by your predecessors or other companies. System and network administrators have their work cut out for them to protect physical and virtual machines in the data center and the cloud; mobile devices including laptops and tablets; SaaS services like Microsoft 365, Google Workspace, and Salesforce; and persistent data created by Kubernetes and container workloads.
To help you navigate the breadth and depth of this challenge, this book presents several solutions so you can determine which is right for your company. You’ll learn the unique requirements that each workload presents, then explore various categories of commercial backup hardware, software, and services available to protect these data sources, including the advantages and disadvantages of each approach.
- Learn the workload types that your organization should be backing up
- Explore the hardware, software, and services you can use to back up your systems
- Understand what’s wrong with your current data protection system
- Pair your backed-up workloads to the appropriate backup system
- Learn the adjustments that will make your backups better, without wasting money