The book provides primary information about civil engineering to both a civil and non-civil engineering audience in areas such as construction management, estate management, and building. Basic civil engineering topics like surveying, building materials, construction technology and management, concrete technology, steel structures, soil mechanics and foundations, water resources, transportation and environment engineering are explained in detail. Codal provisions of US, UK and India are included to cater to a global audience. Insights into techniques like modern surveying equipment and technologies, sustainable construction materials, and modern construction materials are also included.
• Provides a concise presentation of theory and practice for all technical in civil engineering.
• Contains detailed theory with lucid illustrations.
• Focuses on the management aspects of a civil engineer’s job.
• Addresses contemporary issues such as permitting, globalization, sustainability, and emerging technologies.
• Includes codal provisions of US, UK and India.
The book is aimed at professionals and senior undergraduate students in civil engineering, non-specialist civil engineering audience
Table of Contents
Introduction To Civil Engineering. Engineering Mechanics. Mechanics Of Structures And Their Analysis. Principles Of Surveying. Building Materials. Building Construction Technology And Management. Concrete Technology. Reinforced Concrete Structures. Steel Structures. Fluid Mechanics. Engineering Hydrology. Soil Mechanics. Foundation Engineering. Traffic And Transportation Engineering. Water Supply Engineering. Environmental Engineering. Quantity Surveying And Valuation. Sustainable Technology and Green Building. Bibliography