Python Crash Course is the world’s best-selling guide to the Python programming language. This fast-paced, thorough introduction to programming with Python will have you writing programs, solving problems, and making things that work in no time.
In the first half of the book, you’ll learn basic programming concepts, such as variables, lists, classes, and loops, and practice writing clean code with exercises for each topic. You’ll also learn how to make your programs interactive and test your code safely before adding it to a project. In the second half, you’ll put your new knowledge into practice with three substantial projects: a Space Invaders–inspired arcade game, a set of data visualizations with Python’s handy libraries, and a simple web app you can deploy online.
As you work through the book, you’ll learn how to:
• Use powerful Python libraries and tools, including Pygame, Matplotlib, Plotly, and Django
• Make 2D games that respond to keypresses and mouse clicks, and that increase in difficulty
• Use data to generate interactive visualizations
• Create and customize web apps and deploy them safely online
• Deal with mistakes and errors so you can solve your own programming problems
This updated second edition has been thoroughly revised to reflect the latest in Python code and practices. The first half of the book includes improved coverage of topics like f-strings, constants, and managing data. In the second half, the code for the projects has been updated with better structure, cleaner syntax, and more popular and up-to-date libraries and tools, like Plotly and the latest version of Django.
If you’ve been thinking about digging into programming, Python Crash Course will get you writing real programs fast. Why wait any longer? Start your engines and code!
Uses Python 3